About Pole with Off the Ground
Aerial and Pole is more diverse than you could ever imagine. Everyone chooses to pole for a different reason, and at Off the Ground we celebrate each and every one.
At Off the Ground we work hard to reject body image bullshit, we will never promote ourselves as a form of weight loss, but a chance to become healthier and happier in body and mind irregardless of the shape or size of your body.
Dance and exercise should be something you do for positive reasons, something you look forward to, and something that leads to
building a better relationship
There are no prerequisites for pole, you do not need to be a certain strength, body type or ability. If you have any health conditions please do contact us to discuss and our instructors will be able to provide options to help you feel good.
-Fully first aid trained (last course Jan 2021)
- Donna Gants spotting course
- Spin City pole instructor
- 3* registered Pole Dance Community instructor
- Attendee of workshops and studios all over the UK.
-OTHER COURSES COMPLETED -
- Exotic dance teacher training with Doris Arnold
- Les Mills BodyPump, BodyBalance and BodyCombat instructor.
- Level 2 Exercise to Music, Strength and Conditioning, Gym Instructor, Kettlebells, Suspended movement and Spin Instructor.
- Xpert trained - Essential science of heels with Tiff Finney
- Bendy Kate Advanced Stretching technique instructor
-(Awaiting) PoleArt UK finalist 2021
Training pole since 2012
- Competed at Polenastics final (doubles) and UK Pole Doubles Championship (Pro/Am level). Also performed at multiple Pole4Purpose charity events, guest performer at Sheffield Pole fitness varsity, and Peace in the Park.
- Completed the Greentops circus in performance course 2015, a 3 month intensive course where I specialised in Aerial silks and Acrobatics, including two shows.
At the studio, Sarah is known for her never ending, ever changing flow combos and heels classes.
I'm Emily and I've been instructing pole for 2 years, having tried my first spin in 2015. To say I was hooked from then on is a total understatement! Since then I've dabbled in contemporary flow, exotic style, and pole sport. I also train in aerial hoop, trapeze, floorwork, and acro chair (I never could sit still!). As an instructor, I'm passionate about helping you find the version of yourself YOU want to be! My mission in teaching is to create an inclusive and judgement free space, giving you the freedom to pursue your journey in movement and fitness.
I have been dancing all my life, studying Ballet, Contemporary and Latin from a young age. I started my pole journey in 2015. It started off as a fun social and fitness activity but then I came to Sheffield and my pole addiction officially began! While I love exploring flowy movements around the pole and have a particular fondness of spin pole, I am mostly known for my exotic work. I am incredibly passionate about sexy movement and teaching this style. I definitely feel at home when I am wearing my 8" pleaser heels and a pair of pasties! I often incorporate my experience of dancing as a Stripper in with what I teach in exotic classes. My goal is to create a safe space to explore sexual energies through movement and to help empower students and promote body confidence. I hope all my students leave class feeling good about themselves and loving themselves just a little bit more!
"I'm Charles and I'm your occasional instructor at OtG, helping cover classes where necessary as I'm based in sunny Manchester! I'm definitely a tricks and heels kind of guy, but I also love keeping it simple with spins, transitions and choreo. I dabble in circus arts, namely contortion, trapeze and hoop with the occasional two-second handstand. I love teaching students of all levels from different backgrounds, ensuring that they leave the class with a smile on their face (hopefully not at my awful dad jokes!). "